Commentary on Current Events

Thoughts, Ideas, and Comments of Bob Cardwell, from Indianapolis, IN. ________________________www.bobcardwell.com

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Jude Law Doesn't Have It All!

I have some nominations for the sexiest moment in media.


There was a scene with the pretty boy of honor. In the movie, Enemy at the Gates, Jude Law and Rachel Weiss. They are in a dorm during the war in Russia. Sleeping on the floor with dozens of others. They make hot love in a sleeping bag and it doesn't show one bit of nudity. Hot.

From the literary world: In the book Lie Down with Lions.....about? 1984 or so. There is a scene in the wilderness. Awesome. Still remember it 20 years later.

Oh yeah....I forgot....I want to put this out there before anyone else. It is more powerful than it is sexy.

The scene in Deliverence. The "love scene" between the mountain man and the pig boy ["squeal like a pig boy" "Pull those panties down"]. It is one of the great ones of all time. It is still very powerful. I watched the uncut movie again not long ago. It is hard to believe it is over 30 years old. It is very gritty and timely. One of the few films that has not aged at all even though all of its key actors are old men now.

The best, and sexiest song I heard lately is Lucinda Williams doing Essence

Baby, sweet baby, you're my drug
Come on and let me taste your stuff

Baby, sweet baby, bring me your gift
What surprise you gonna hit me with

Refrain:
I am waiting here for more
I am waiting by your door
I am waiting on your back steps
I am waiting in my car
I am waiting at this bar
I am waiting for your essence

Baby, sweet baby, whisper my name
Shoot your love into my vein.




Check Lucinda out. She is hot and this song is more steamy than the prose indicates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home