Commentary on Current Events

Thoughts, Ideas, and Comments of Bob Cardwell, from Indianapolis, IN. ________________________www.bobcardwell.com

Friday, December 03, 2004

Memory and Remembrance

It occurs to me this morning that there is a theme which keeps coming up recently in my life. That is memory. I was hit with the movie, Eternal Sunshine..., memories of my marriage, memories of my deceased girl friend; and now I find a tidbit in my current book which may offer some explanation.

Let me quote from Angels & Demons: "Remembrance was a Buddhist philosoper's trick. Rather than asking her mind to search for a solution to a potentially impossible challenge, Vittoria asked her mind simply to remember it. The presupposition that one once knew the answer created the mindset that the answer must exist.....thus eliminating the crippling conception of hopelessness."

Thus I conclude that remembrance is therapeutic and this alleviates some of the guilt of just remembering.....and not diving into the pool of the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home