Commentary on Current Events

Thoughts, Ideas, and Comments of Bob Cardwell, from Indianapolis, IN. ________________________www.bobcardwell.com

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Some More Notes about Karma....and Jeanie's family,

It is another experiment with audioblogging.

Listen to Part One

Listen to Part Two


Today in Indy has been deary and wet. It is rain, rain, rain... It is bleak and gray. Bridge and tunnels are collapsing. A big ice storm is coming. It is a good day to stay in.

I have been thinking about "karma" all day since my last post.

Another note of karma came to mind. It again involves Jeanie.

Jeanie was never close with her father. I don't know the reasons why. However, he took more control of her life after she got sick and ultimately made the decision to do brain surgery on her without telling her how sick she was nor that her condition was virtually hopeless. This prevented the doctor from telling her the possible side effects of her brain surgery and that they were permanent. After the surgery she was docile and child like.....and missing most of the memories of her life.

I will share more about Jeanie's memories which remained later. The most heart wrenching memory, or delusion, she was left with was that she had been in the hospital to have a baby. To the last time I saw her, she believed this, even though the "baby" was no where around....and yet this belief seemed to give her comfort.

Jeanie's dad had always been a drunk and low-life. He never made much of himself. He worked at a drive-in restaurant [the southside Tee Pee] well into his 30's. Some of the patrons felt sorry for this grown man working at such a place and got him a job in the cafeteria of Lilly. It was a good job with benefits for a man that was little more than a dishwasher his whole life.

As I said in my previous notes, he and the sister made all kinds of grand plans about the care of Jeanie. They did not follow up on any. I ended up caring for Jeanie 24 hours day, seven days per week. After the surgery, Jeanie had the mental disposition of a four-year-old and needed someone with her at all times.

Well one weekend, I had to take some time off from watching Jeanie. I had to do some work. The sister grudingly agree to keep her. Well I left for two days. When I came back, the sister had put Jeanie in a nursing home. Apparently, the sister had called Jeanie's doctor and made up all kinds of things about how Jeanie had decompensated. The sister told the doctor that Jeanie was wetting her pants, defecating on herself, and getting on the floor eating her food out of a plate like a dog. OF course, this was not true, and the doctor believing it was, had her put in a nursing home. This happened over the time span of a short weekend.

The next day I went to the nursing home to see Jeanie. Many of Jeanie's friends were livid that the sister had put her in the home. Some friends were at the nursing home throwing a fit about this. I urged them to calm down and things would work out. I kissed Jeanie goodbye and said I would see her later.

I got a call later that night from Jeanie's father. He cursed me and said that he had got a restraining order against me visiting Jeanie again. He said that she was were she needed to be and the family would take care of Jeanie. He accused me of trying to sign her out of the nursing home. I proclaimed my innocence of doing this but the conversation just got worse.

I never saw Jeanie again. I never even got to go to her memorial service. I was afraid of going to jail.

Weeks after Jeanie had been placed in the home, some of her friends came by. They said that after placing Jeanie in the home, the sister had went to Vegas for a vacation and the father had went to Florida to stay for the winter. They left Jeanie to fend for herself alone in this home. She would end up dying alone without me or her closest family.

Also, of special note, the sister called me the next month after she had Jeanie put in a nursing home. Jeanie had just got approved for social security checks a few weeks before going to the nursing home and had gotten her first check. Well the sister called the next month wanting Jeanie's check. Apparently, this sister thought she would continue to get these SSI checks even though Jeanie was in a nursing home. Of course this is not the case, but it sure gives one pause that this unethical, uncaring, and devilish sister may have thought she would have benefited by putting Jeanie in a nursing home. It maybe she was worried about having to pay for Jeanie's funeral...or maybe she did just need more money to gamble.

I don't have time to divert from the subject of karma now, but Jeanie had a horrible family. The above sister was a drunk, gambler, and pervert. Another sister was a drunk. Her last sister looked like a crack addict and was a doper who only came to visit Jeanie to try to steal her medications or to get Jeanie to give her money for dope.

A couple of months ago, a friend of Jeanie's came by and told me that Jeanie's father was dying from a brain tumor. He had the surgery and was under going the radiation and chemotherapy that he had tried to deny Jeanie. They said he was dying a horrible death, just like Jeanie. But at least he was doing it at home in the care of his wife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home